me marathi...my marathi ...


Marathi film industry, Sometime back this industry was, I can say, in ruins but with Shwas it actually took a 360 degree turn. We (viewers ) were blessed with real good bulk of movies and entertainment. Somewhere in midst of all, Marathi television industry brought the marathi household more closer.The celebrated entertainment channel of India STAR brought its Marathi news channel followed by Marathi entertainment channel. And the quality product this channel offered is indeed commendable. I don’t know how good I may be as a critic but this is true, a daily soap hater like me was (because of the Marathi daily soaps that pravah offered) got glued to my couch.
In my previous blogs I might have criticised the protagonist or the theme of the serial or the makeup that they wear or their gaudy outfit which completely unfits them but here and now I must agree that somewhere down the line Marathi entertainment industry needed a Midas touch. The kind of theme that Marathi entertainment industry,rather the television industry has offered its viewers were always related to either the family , plight of the women folks or the politics…The plots of the serials would hardly differ. But after the Balaji’s entry in this industry ,it seems like the outlook of the viewers might turn a little bolder. In every middleclass household where the utterance of the word like “love” and “relationships” was a taboo, today I find these households tuning to the serials like “Bandh reshmache” or “Maziya priyala preet kalena”
I know that this so called thankful stance of mine won’t remain for too long ,I will be back to my old self criticizing the gaudiness within these serials but here I think we need to be thankful to such serials and the production houses to have brought about such a revolutionary, colorful and a youthful change.

Comments

  1. ya i do agree ,daily soaps have truly become a part and parcel of our lives .......n Siddhi good one .....n I also got to know some of the Marathi serials...hehe..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the marathi film industry has made some significant achievements in the past decade.. i personally believe we people lack only in capital.. the industry didn't have much money to spend.. it had people; it had talent; it had all the necessary items to make hit movies except capital.. if producers start believing more in marathi films and start investing more, we'll have some really good movies to watch.. i don't mean to say, without much capital the industry won't prosper; i just mean to say with plenty of money, it'll prosper quicker, like the bollywood which is considered one of the biggest film industries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment