The guy in the purple shirt….


I often considered writing about my crushes. Would draft it up and then tear it off just thinking what will the  world think of me. Naive? Stupid? Silly? But I care no more. Mainly because it been a long time since I wrote a blog and secondly because, well, yes I wana tell you that I am a normal girl with supernormal heart that does have feelings.

I have come to an age where my parents’ frequent thoughts are about getting me married. And being a girl who has always been honest towards whatever she has done, I thought it best to reveal this secret part of my life which was usually just known to my close friends. And also because I believe no relation can sustain if there is no honesty in it.

Coming to the point. My first crush being the singer Sonu Niigam. Did I hear you say SILLY? Well, I know it is silly when you come to know that a 3 year old toddler falls in love with the melodious voice of a debutant singer then. Revealing your first crush is always very important !

Moving on the list of my crushes has been long. Some being reel life heroes or singers and some being a part of my real life. Having a crush is pretty normal but what I found that wasn’t normal with me was “not having the gut to tell your crush that you have a crush on him” Now did I hear you laugh?

Laugh it off...is what I always did. Calling my feelings silly and then moving on having yet another crush. The role of cinema in adding to such feelings can never be ignored. Talking of which I’m reminded of a crush who would often act like this superstar !You need not be a movie fanatic or his best buddy to understand his moves. It was just there ..in his walks,in his talks,in his gestures. Now probably he is reading this blog and smiling to himself. Well, yes, dude I have a written a blog on you! His specialty being the purple shirt! Charming as his talks were, this shirt which he often wore to the college added a gleam to his persona. When I asked him about his love for this purple shirt his reply was plain,” ‘coz I like it !” More than his purple shirt what charmed me most was his intelligence. You see, though not all my crushes were intelligent but most of them were!

Well, I have spoken too much about this guy in purple shirt, have I not? But whatever it is I still remember making fun of him and giggling with my friends as they cracked a joke on him! And yes not to forget his thumbs up gesture which later became the signature step of my gang of girls.

Crushes are good and always will be. It’s natural to have a crush on someone! So if you do have a crush on someone and you can’t tell him/her, make it a point to write a blog or share such feelings with your best buddies. ‘Coz more than anyone else your best buddies will give you the best of such feelings, making your teenage years (often spent sighing at the sight of the crush) more memorable with the kind of jokes you’d crack on your crushes.

Adios for now and Happy reading !

                                           

Comments