When death comes knocking....


Black.

Dark.

Blank.

My mind is completely blank. My thoughts are disrupted, deceptive and totally disabled at the moment. The pen held against the paper knows not what words are to be inked. Wild thoughts and scary images just pass through like a presentation slide on the most horrifying topic.

It is the second time I saw death so close and so clear. Heart stopped beating, blood froze, mind dulled and flesh went stark cold. Never would I wish to see the scenario repeat. Where in the puddles has life landed me into? There I was holding my baby in my arms shouting for help! But no one rushed to our rescue. He was dying and no one had mercy on us. The injury too grave to give away the details. I faced death, we faced death.

The day after we got him admitted in the hospital they did not come to help us out, they rather stood far away gossiping over the situation we faced and mocking at us. The concern in their voice so shrill and selfish it merely resonated the pits in which humility lay. I hated every minute being around such selfish souls and more who were waiting far away to hound us with their questions. Why, what and how, is all they ask for. Not a single mind thinks about the situation and the psyche we have at the moment.

Go away; we need no support and sympathy from you. You have nothing but a heart that’s cold as a stone. May be a stone might consider the issue but you’d only bake your cookies on a pyre. But whilst you question us and mock at us, all the money minting minds, do not forget death leaves no house and it might come visit you too and probably in the same form and contour in which she knocked our door!

Comments

Post a Comment