Book Review: Goan Chase by Richa Sambhy Mediratta


I received the book Goan Chase from the author  as a review copy.  What follows is an honest review and I  am glad to have had the opportunity to review it. 

Going by the name one can incur that it is crime thriller. It follows the story of Jai, Ayesha and Nirvaan, three teenagers who are in Goan in an ancestral bungalow that belongs to Ms Walia, Jai's maternal aunt. The house is cursed, there is possibly an evil presence lurking. And no sooner do we start reading we are gripped by the story. What begins as a minor accident turns into a series of events and it culminates into an intriguing case. 

I usually never read the blurb of any book. I wish for the books to surprise me. I am especially attracted to the name and the cover page. This book was no different. However, every page in this book piques your curiosity so much so that you never even realize that you have boarded a rollercoaster. And which also means that you need not read the blurb to buy this book. It is simply and efficiently told mystery. 

The seamless writing gets you hooked to the tee. At one point you get a feel of Indian daily soap and then there were those times when the names like Mary Higgins Clark, Agatha Christie, Nancy Drew, kept coming back to me because the book has that magical spell. Also there was that point when I thought Jai-Ayesha-Nirvaan (JAN) were much like Harry-Ron-Hermoine, they were so likeable. At other point it also gave me a feeling of Nora Robert's novel which was set on a beach. This novel has competence which cannot be ignored. 

There are 14 chapters in this novella, every chapter is titled, it is 115 pages  long novella and can be read in a single sitting. (Me, however, took a day because, well, baby woes 😂.)  

Yes, there were those points where the edits have been missed but that doesn't count at all. My debut novel (Beyond The Veil-The Journey Of An Indian Girl) might have more edits, I guess. 

Overall, it is very well knit, full of intrigue and it makes you want to read more of JAN's adventures. The next book from Richa is titled Summer of 2017 and brings back the trio. 

Publishers: Notion Press
Available on: Amazon, Kobo, Google books,  iBooks, Kindle 

On the scale of readability, I rate it 8 on 10.

How much rating will I give this one? 4 out of 5 stars. 

Is this book for keeps? I say, it is a definite travel buddy. 

If you have read this one, do let me know your views in the comment box below. 

#HappyReading

PS: You can follow the author on all social media channels. 





Comments