Book Review: My Psychic Life By Sally Morgan

I picked up this book at dirt cheap price from Bookchor website. They sell you used books in an impressive condition. So this book which was lying in my wish list for long was finally in my hands. I am a spiritual seeker and I am always interested in knowing a bit about the enigmatic other sides that exists.

 Now, I had no inkling who Sally Morgan was until the very end of this book. This book, consisting of 306 pages spells the life of a psychic or medium if you will. She seems like a charming lady as she looks at you through the cover page of the book. What really got me going with this book was the name and the prologue. For a person who reads people, she also happens to be a gifted writer. Then again, a reader often turns out to be a good writer. But here we have something exceptional.

The prologue read how Sally lost one of her kids. It hints at it, basically and that's what got me hooked. Being a mother, you will always wake up in cold sweat thinking of one such dreadful thing happening to your child. I am no different. But as I went on exploring page after page I found unique content and equally unique writing. You get to read a childish tone when Sally speaks about her childhood. Then you have a rebellious teenage tone when she turns a teenager. All of this mixed up with the anecdotes from her psychic life. How she began seeing spirit? Who did she she? When would her abilities show up? And some such things. The book is divided into parts and every part is a decisive phase of her life.

What later got me stuck to this book was the fact that Sally Morgan was a psychic to Princess Diana. She had even predicted the death of the Princess. And this was just one of her predictions that came in the public eye. Another one being the 9/11. She reiterates how she dealt with the aristocracies and celebrities. How she dealt with the paparazzis and television. Her stints as a psychic on telly.

Amongst the many known names she has been a psychic to are George Michael, Grace Hightower de Niro, Mel B, Uma Thurman etc. She has even summoned the spirits of celebrities for documentaries and helping other actors.

If these facets about this book won't incite you to read it then I don't know what else will.

On the scale of readability, I rate it 6 on 10 because the edition I have doesn't need some edits.

How much rating will I give this one? 4 out of 5 stars.

If you have read this one, do let me know your views in the comment box below.

Book published by Penguin Books.

Comments